Second, revised and updated edition. Simon Parker.
Orginal edition published Hardcover edition also available; see Worldwide Appropriating models from natural history, they argued for the significance of individuality, contextuality and diversity as scientific concepts as they explored what they envisioned as the nature of democracy, and the democracy of nature. Additional Product Features Dewey Edition.
Introduction: Encountering the City 2. With a superb sweeping perspective Simon Parker has delivered an analysis that somehow manages to be theoretical, empirical and policy relevant.
The result is a book that is accessible and cutting-edge; contemporary and historically grounded ; international and relevant to urban debates in North America, Europe and the Majority world. It will be invaluable both to students needing a guide to urban theory as well as connoisseurs looking for a provocative synthesis of the literature. Parker deserves congratulating for managing to produce such a comprehensive, well-balanced and well pitched overview of contemporary knowledge on the city. Show More Show Less. Any Condition Any Condition.
See all 7. No ratings or reviews yet.
- Urban Theory and the Urban Experience Encountering the City – Simon Parker.
- Convention, translation, and understanding: philosophical problems in the comparative study of culture.
- Urban Theory and the Urban Experience: Encountering the City by Simon Parker.
- Attachment in Adulthood, Second Edition: Structure, Dynamics, and Change;
- Download Urban Theory And The Urban Experience Encountering The City.
- Industrial Design: Materials and Manufacturing!
- Spirit Warriors (Deadlands: Hell on Earth RPG).
Be the first to write a review. Imprint Routledge.
Urban Theory and the Urban Experience: Encountering the City - Simon Parker - Google книги
Pages pages. Subjects Geography. Export Citation.
Get Citation. Parker, S.